12.5.09

Ouch, That Hurt My Ego

I entered my first road race on the weekend and boy was it humbling. I had been training quite a bit over the winter, so I figured I'd be in decent shape.

But that was not the case.

Oh oh oh, that was not case.

I fell off the back of the group about 5 minutes after the race started and I could not get back on. I don't think I quite redlined it, but I probably should have. It would have been worth it to use up a couple match sticks to get back and recover a bit.

So me and a guy from another team took turn dragging each other around the course. It was a great introduction to racing.

I learned that it is so important to always be near the front, that way when the group surges around a corner you won't fall off.

Point taken: for the next race stay near the front at all costs.

2 comments:

  1. You never told me you entered a race!!
    If you had I could have told you that staying near the front is the best way to win... Any smart person would know that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Han. Great advice. I will definitely remember that for next time.

    ReplyDelete