9.6.09

Almost

It was not quite what I was looking for, but Toni Colom tested positive (Katusha) for EPO in an out of competition test in April. I do not think he raced in the Giro, so this is not what I was thinking in my previous post.

Interestingly, news broke earlier this week that Katusha wanted its riders to sign an agreement that stipulated that they would pay 5 times their salary to the team if they tested positive. I wonder if Colom had signed yet, I wonder if it is retro-active.

Today also saw a statement from Bernard Kohl regarding his doping protocol from the past few years. I have to say that it is refreshing to see someone be so honest and forthright about this side of cycling. His nonchalant attitude is a bit worrisome, as are his accusations that everyone is on something, but who knows...maybe he is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment