16.6.09

Not Many

The title sums up my recent posts. I have come across lots of interesting stuff lately, but for one reason or another, I have decided not to post about.

Zerohedge always has interesting posts as does Abnormal Returns. Zerohedge provides some of the best insight I have come across in recent memory. I am amazed at the volume of posts over there. Abnormal Returns collects a bunch of links that are varied enough to almost always have something interesting.

On the economy front, I think I am still bearish overall. With the stock market recovering, a lot of people thought we were out of the woods. I still think that we will need to see the job destruction slow down before we really start making any actual headway. I think the price of oil is too high and so is the price of natural gas. The CAD/USD FX rate overshot. I think the CAD should be in the 1.16-1.20 range. If it appreciates too much it hurts Canada's recovery because exports in USD will be relatively high.

On the cycling front, not a ton going on. The Dauphine just finished and the Tour of Switzerland is going on. Both are used as final tune ups for the Tour. I guess there is some unrest over at Astana. Contador views Armstrong and Levi as adversaries and Val Verde has said he would help Contador in a sort of Spanish solidarity thing.

But that could all be moot if Astana's money runs out. And that could happen today. Apparently, they need to have a sizable chunk of change in the banks as a deposit for the second half of the season, but if they do not, that could be all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment